Best Gaming Headphones (Playststion 4 Pro - Rainbow 6 Siege)

Aug 5, 2018
I am looking for some advice in choosing an outstanding gaming headset to play Rainbow 6 Siege which i play competatively on PS4. I currently have the Astro A40TR with Mixamp Pro. But wanting something better.. much better!

I'm not sure if I should go with Stereo or Virtual Surround Sound ps4 only does 5.1, and out or all the headphones below the only one that has true surround sound is the Asus Rogue Centurion.

Also I'm not 100% sure of I want open or closed back. I have been using my astro a40s as open back for the better sound stage. I'm not concerned with background noise in my room while I game or my headphones bleeding sound out into my room.

So far this is the list of headphones I'm interested in below.. I would also like to find an DAC or Mix amp to use with my headphones that will increase performance on my headphones.

One feature I really like with the Astro Mix amp is that it can increase or decrease game and chat volume separately on the fly.

Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless or Wired
Sennheiser GSP 600
Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Audio Technica ATH-AG1X
Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver S
Asus ROG Centurion 7.1
Victrix Pro AF

Is there any experienced audiophiles that could help me out with my options?

My Budget for headphones is about $550 Canadian and for the mix amp/DAC probably around $400.

Remember I'm using this on PS4 Pro, and would like to one day start competing on PC..

Aug 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from garretmaltby1984 : "Gaming Headphones for PS4 Pro"

I am looking for some advice in choosing an outstanding gaming headset to play Rainbow 6 Siege which i play competatively on PS4. I currently have the Astro A40TR with Mixamp Pro. But wanting something better.. much better!

I'm not sure if I should go with Stereo or Virtual Surround Sound ps4 only does 5.1, and out or all the headphones below the only one that has true surround sound is the Asus Rogue Centurion.

Also I'm not 100% sure of I want open or closed back. I have been using my astro a40s as open back for the better sound stage. I'm not concerned with background noise in my room while I game or my headphones bleeding sound out into my room.

So far this is the list of headphones I'm interested in below.. I would also like to find an DAC or Mix amp to use with my headphones that will increase performance on my headphones.

One feature I really like with the Astro Mix amp is that it can increase or decrease game and chat volume separately on the fly.

Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless or Wired
Sennheiser GSP 600
Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Audio Technica ATH-AG1X
Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X
Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver S
Asus ROG Centurion 7.1
Victrix Pro AF

Is there any experienced audiophiles that could help me out with my options?

My Budget for headphones is about $550 Canadian and for the mix amp/DAC probably around $400.

Remember I'm using this on PS4 Pro, and would like to one day start competing on PC..