Asus' 2012 Padfone will Pack Nvidia's Quad-core Tegra 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
I would really like a table with the ability to make cellular calls. I don't want a phone and a tablet. A tablet with a bluetooth headset would be perfect.

The name of this product is misleading.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Damn - I had that idea a while ago, I should have patented it. A phone that will dock into the back of a small "trouchscreen" making it a full fledged tablet. Why have two devices, two data plans, "shoot, I have this movie on my phone but not on my tablet"... DAMN! Really should have patented that!!

But I also agree with above - I'm waiting on the Transformer Prime, and will simply hotspot my rooted phone to give the prime connectivity.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I would really like a table with the ability to make cellular calls. I don't want a phone and a tablet. A tablet with a bluetooth headset would be perfect.The name of this product is misleading.[/citation]

Perhaps a PSP vita with skype?

G

I was eyeing the Prime, but may wait now. The EEE Pad TF101 is a great device. The Prime looked to be an ideal evolution from there for sheer horsepower reaons. With a phone as a "cartridge" the unification of the data set (which is hard to do with a Desktop, Tablet and Phone without a nice private cloud solution) becomes much easier. I get it and hope that battery life, docking station and interface features stay the same or are also improved in the Padphone.

GO ASUS GO.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Anyone else find it a little distracting trying to look at a product, when there's a chick with a clear "Padphnoe" sticker on her chest.... and another "Asus" one on her arm. What the hell? Those look like they'll hurt when you try to pull em' off! Damn! And what evil person did her hair?

I'm calling employee abuse on this one. That poor poor lady.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I would really like a table with the ability to make cellular calls.[/citation]
A table is not very portable. Do you make all your calls at dinner?

G

Tablet dock is the future! Make a wireless 10 inch display with touch controls, that can be streamed to from a phone or desktop or laptop or xbox or cable box, and you could have a sub $200 device that does everything.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Unless Apple revamps the UI for iOS, I'll be looking for something else next year.. Whatever it is will likely be Tegra3 based.. I just hope there are more than 1 or 2 Tegra3 choices ready for purchase by the time I am..

G

NOT HOT, I don't like Asians generally but a few are attractive, this one looks like a little kid, not attractive at all.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]Balle195[/nom]Change the name.. please?[/citation]

Yeah, it's pretty horrible. Not to mention Apple lawsuit enticing. :)

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]Thats nice but i'm eyeing that Asus Transformer 2.[/citation]

If you mean the Asus Transformer Prime with Tegra 3 I already order one, can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.