Asus A550VX - flickering screen

Jun 6, 2018
Hello, I recently bought a Asus A550VX Laptop and after 1 month of using the screen started flickering for no reason. It goes like this:

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETPlxXD6TN8&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

This usually happens when I go into fullscreen on youtube(after I enter it flickers and goes back to normal or if I watch the video and then move the mouse so the play, stop button appears it flickers again). After exiting the video it starts doing the thing showed above.

I don't know what is causing this issue, I tried reinstalling windows, graphic drivers etc. etc. but it doesn't do it everytime.

If someone else had the same problem and knows how to fix it, please help me, thank you!

Another thing is that, when I instal la new Windows 10, for example I go for Windows 10 Home, it automatically goes to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution
Jun 6, 2018
So I connected my TV via HDMI and the problem seems not to appear anymore, therefore I guess it's the display ribbon, I will keep the TV connected longer to see if it will appear again.