Asus Announces $250 7-inch Tegra 3 Tab At Nvidia's CES keynote

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
you forgot the word "tablet"
"tablets have completely dominated the consumer computer market in the last 10 years."

I agree with you, that's completely laughable. stupid CEO's and their delusions. So it's paper launching at $250, if they can do that, great! But I wouldn't bet on it just yet, cause it's "still in development." So I doubt it is coming out soon, especially at that price point.

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
How will they make money off this at $250? I guess advertising will be a built in feature that I would be ok with at this price.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"and you'll have to decide that installing Splashtop and testing it out is less trouble than simply walking over to your gaming PC."

So Splashtop only works over your local network? This is what I would assume given what you said.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah - I'll be happy if we see it this year. Might be great if others don't beat it into the market, and with the glacial pace of Transformer Prime release, I'm less hopeful...

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
same specs? $250? Sounds a bit too good to be true - but I don't think I will be jumping on this. I really like the size of the Galaxy tab 8.9. I think this is the perfect size. 7" is just a HAIR small. There there were no middle option, I would probably go 7" over 10" just for portability. So hopefully Samsung will come out with a a new 8.9" with Tegra 3 and quad core soon.

But the other reason I wouldn't jump on this is that I think it's just ugly. The bottom bezel is FAR too large leaving the actual screen size looking much smaller.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
anybody ever use the Xbox live new interface, and here I thought I hated everything else but the original blades, this is the absolute worst interface ever come across on anything computer technology related and this is including Macs. As of right now I am completely wiping my hands of the 360, every chart push Metro on Windows any more than that just tablets in cell phones, hello linux

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]"completely dominated the consumer computer market in the last 10 years"HA! HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH![/citation]
Ya, kinda figured it was a typo...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Ya, kinda figured it was a typo...[/citation]

if you want to talk pdas, and eairly tablet laptops with the swivle thing, and also cellphones that were more than just phones, than yea, 10 years does sound about right for their domination, remember this is only back to 2001.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]rosstradamus[/nom]2 years, NOT 10 years. I intended to write 2, not 10. I have corrected that rather embarrassing error. -Ross[/citation]
I wish $600 for the new Transformer was a typo. Why are 10" tablets going up in price while the 7" tablets are getting cheaper? Is it really too much to ask for a 10" tablet to make it under the 500 mark? Asus did it once, then got greedy....

Status
Not open for further replies.