Asus EEE PC 900 overclock issue !!!!

Thanesh s

Estimable
May 10, 2015
I have an EEE pc 900 which i overclocked using eeectl i got custom settings from here: http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb409723/blandat/eeeoptmz/eeectl.ini i put it into high overclock mode and it only gave me 999.02 mhz and nothing more its supposed to go to atleast 1ghz.
I don't know if im doing anything wrong can someone help me.

Any Ram upgrade suggestions

Asus EEE pc 900 specs
Intel Celeron M 353
1 Gb DDR2 333mhz

Thanks in advance
Thanesh

Solution

Never tried working with those systems, so could not tell you if you can get to 1.1 ghz and how exactly. But I can tell you that there is really...
You are 1/10th of a percentage point off and you are wondering what the issue is? The only thing that will be able to tell the difference in speed of even 100 times that amount would be a benchmark utility or the internal CPU clock. Anything under about a 25% increase in speed is pretty hard for an average person to notice and you are dealing with something 250 times less than that.

Thanesh s

Estimable
May 10, 2015

If you look at the settings you can see it should max out at 1.1ghz, not that 100mhz is a big difference, is there any other settings i can use, do i need a different bios i have the 1006 update.

Never tried working with those systems, so could not tell you if you can get to 1.1 ghz and how exactly. But I can tell you that there is really no need to worry about not getting there, you won't notice any difference. Upping the RAM from 1 gig will make a big difference though and maybe replacing the hard drive for a cheap SSD instead.

Solution