Asus Eee Pc - no display, only power light on

HugoCarvalho

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
Hi,

I have an issue with my ASUS EEE PC 1002Ha.
When i power it on it just has the power light on, doesn't react to anything (caps lock, etc). No image on the screen or external monitor.
Although i hear the hard disk working.

I've already tried powering it on with only battery or AC, but nothing works.

BTW, before starting doing this it'd crash booting to windows OR EVEN on the BIOS, switching between menus for example, it would freeze.

It happened all of the sudden... the day before it was perfectly fine. Also, no hardware of software change has been made.

I think it might be the RAM, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Solution
Upgrade to the latest BIOS. If that doesn't work then it must be the motherboard that's faulty.

I suggest taking your laptop to a computer / laptop repair shop, they usually get the job done. There's usually some in malls.

Another option to consider would be getting a new laptop, getting a used one could cost you around $70-$150. If you do decide to get a new laptop, you can get a SATA to USB adapter so you can get the files from your old hard drive

HugoCarvalho

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
No bluescreens! it was 100% fine before, until i powered it on yesterday.

Before having no image at all, i saw a few crashes/glitches on the BIOS menu (or on the POST).

http://postimg.org/image/iqm6p7in1/
http://postimg.org/image/4vnw6qo7x/

When booting to windows it would appear the windows logo ("starting windows"), but then it'd be all black.

Thanks for the reply!

HugoCarvalho

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
No it isn't under warranty anymore...

If it was a faulty hard drive it would still do the POST (or show something on the screen...)?

Although, I've already tried without the hard drive, and the same happens: only power light on, occasionaly the Wifi light on for a second or two, but no image at all (laptop or external monitor).

I don't know if laptops have the motherboard speaker like desktops do, i also don't hear anything.

With or without hard drive this is what happens:
1 - I push the power button.
2 - The power light comes on, and i can hear the hard drive spinning(if it's there)
3 - The WIFI and HardDisk light come for a second or two.
4 - It stays with the power light on.
5 - After a while, it turns off by itself.
6 - No caps lock reaction, or any other key.
7 - Sometimes it just stays on "forever", or will turn off if i press any key.

I already tried with only AC adapter or battery - and both - and its the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Could it be RAM? I tried with and without and the symptoms are quite the same (obviously without RAM it wouldn't even display image).

Thanks!

Nuck Chorris

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Turn it on and try plugging in a phone via usb to see if it charges. If it doesn't your motherboard could be faulty

Nuck Chorris

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

You could try investing in a new RAM stick, make sure they're DDR2 and SODIMM.

Remove the battery and plug in the charger then turn it on. Could be a dead battery.

HugoCarvalho

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

Update:

Yesterday i got a new RAM, installed on my EEE Pc and finally got something on the screen.
But i still have the same problem i had, basically sometimes before the POST i got a blinking dot, or just crashes on the AMI logo, or it's completly black. Sometimes i can also get into Windows. But it's not HDD related; or RAM related, as it was replaced.

it crashes - sometimes - while going between BIOS menus.
http://postimg.org/image/4vnw6qo7x/
http://postimg.org/image/iqm6p7in1/

Other times, when i power it on, the screen is all pink or blue-ish.
I already upgraded and downgraded BIOS versions, flashing it with a USB, but nothing seems to work.

Also for example, if i don't have HDD installed and when i can get past the POST, which i can cleary see it, but when appears that part "No boot device found, press any key... " the screen is all dimmed out. Of course the Fn keys don't work, it happens right after the POST - sometimes.

What else could it be?

Nuck Chorris

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Upgrade to the latest BIOS. If that doesn't work then it must be the motherboard that's faulty.

I suggest taking your laptop to a computer / laptop repair shop, they usually get the job done. There's usually some in malls.

Another option to consider would be getting a new laptop, getting a used one could cost you around $70-$150. If you do decide to get a new laptop, you can get a SATA to USB adapter so you can get the files from your old hard drive

Solution