Hello! i have an Asus 701 netbook, the power adapter was burned and i replaced with a new one. The Orange led of battery charging is on, but only that. No power on, with or without battery.
I look for some smd component dead, but nothing visually burn.
I tested most resistor, mosfets, coils, and nothing.
ACOK on max chip is something around 2-3 volts... i follow that line but nothing.... i'm lost.
The ON swith is working properly, and activates well cheking on KB chip.
Some ideas? or technique to isolate in whith part is the problem?
It seems that you've pretty much tested everything in your laptop and it seems like that the motherboard is already broken. Here are some other basic troubleshooting steps.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.