Asus: Failed reset now in boot loop

rishro29

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
I will decribe everything that happened prior to hopefully give more info. Left my laptop unplugged last night so it turned off from low battery. Turn it on today and blue screen. Reboot everything seemed fine. Started using it as normal. Free day today so I figured I would move important docs to external hard drive and wipe pc as I've been meaning to. Go to reset and wipe files and it fails. Reboots and now Google chrome doesnt work. Fiddle for an hour trying to fix it and I can't. Retry resetting pc, get further into process and fails again. Now when I try to boot up I'm at the Asus screen, sits there for a moment, goes black and back to Asus screen. I tried to find some other forum posts and resolutions but none that I've seen so far has helped. I can't access recovery through F9 or safe mode through F8. The only thing I seem to be able to access is BIOS but then I'm a bit lost from there on how to try and fix the issue. Any ideas?

Solution
Make a Windows setup disk, Win 10 is fine even if you don't have that installed now. See if that will install on the system. If it has issues, replace the hard drive and try again.