ASUS G73JH-B1 for $700

hnijhar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hello, I found a Asus G73jh-B1 in my local classified ads. i talked to him and he said that itsin mint condition, it works perfect. Its got an i7 720qm,8gbram, and a 5870m. he includes the reciepts, the laptop, the asus rog bag, the charger, a mouse, and a wireless keybaord all for $700. Is this a good deal? it still has a year of warranty, Can it max out starcraft 2 at `1920x1080? , how can I test the laptop to make sure it works properly?

EightFluidOz

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
I'm currently using basically the same laptop (mine's an A1, but the main parts are the same) and I love it to death. Starcraft 2 shouldn't be a problem at max settings. The only time you'll run into lower framerates are in custom games when the screen is flooded with units. Other than that I play at max settings on SC2, ME3, D3. Currently you could build a desktop for the same price and get similar if not better gameplay, but I tend to prefer the ability to pack everything up in just a couple minutes. If I were to sell mine right now I'd probably try to get closer to 800 out of it.

There is something you'll definitely want to be aware of, however. This Asus model has a very common problem with the GPU overheating. Replacing the thermal paste is all that's required to fix it though, and there are great tutorials all over that will show you how to crack it open. He may have already done it himself. If not, just something you should be aware of.

EightFluidOz

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012