ASUS G750JX, accidental gpu overclock bricked my laptop.

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I accidentally screwed up overclocking with Evga Precision X. The voltage slider went to 1.5mv and the Kboost switch was right next to it, so... Never use touch pad for OCing guys. So now the HDD, fans, keyboard lights, screen, nothing comes on, but the power-on light is working, So its drawing power and just sitting there. Have i bricked my gpu(gtx 770m) or the modo? Plz help. Can i flash the gpu BIOS by the Short circuit method? I mean should i try? Or is it not recommended? Please help guys. My precious lappy. I dont use it much, i have PC, but i cant have my beast turned to a vegetable. I've taken the whole thing apart, cleaned and re pasted the heat sinks as well. I have gel and pads so no prob. Tried with one ram stick on different slots as well as different sticks. tried to start without the HDD.tried connecting to an external monitor. NOTHING. HELP!!!!!!

InfinityYUL

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Not much experience with laptops, but pushing the reset button on my motherboard always fixed any gpu overclocking issues I had. If there was no button then pulling out the battery for 30 seconds did the trick to.

The overclock is controlled by the motherboard, so if you reset/pull the battery and it still won't work, you broke something.

Good luck.

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

I have opened it and then reassembled it. Nothing

InfinityYUL

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Excuse the delay, I don't stop playing games much!

Just for the sake of clarity.

I'm talking about the reset button and battery on the motherboard itself, not the laptop battery or buttons.

In your case it looks like you will have to short(connect to metal point to each other) in order to reset the CMOS.

I stumbled on this.
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5534-asus-g750-cmos-reset-or-bios-reset/

And this.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?66837-Hard-CMOS-Reset-Solution-For-dead-G75VW

The worst case scenarios I found involved replacing the bios chip, that's a step further then I'm comfortable with.

Edit: (On a phone, need cleaning)

I realise they are not all your exact model, and a bunch of links, but I am hopefully this will lead you to a solution.

RMA is your friend if that's a option.

Good luck.

sidbala11

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

Laptop model - Asus G750JX
Ok, so, i tried a bit of experimenting. Removing the CMOS battery didnt solve anything. But to get to windows the procedure is such. Remove Windows HDD and start which doesnt even show boot screen. Then Reinsert HDD and power on. Then still no post or boot screen, but it directly displays the Windows lock screen. There is no response from the screen before this except 5 seconds of LED turning on. The boot and windows startup logo dont show.

Mar 17, 2018

So did you get a solution?