ASUS G751JY-DH71 vs a customized SAGER NP8298? For school (Architecture) and gaming?

G

Hi guys! I'm currently looking for a good gaming plus workstation laptop for school! And so far these two are in my budget. :) If you're to suggest something else or that is equivalent, kindly look for it in here: http://www.benstore.com.ph/ My budget is around Php 130 000+ or roughly $2891.46 (Laptops and electronics are expensive here :/) and most of the time I'd be doing CAD or 3d Modelling, and also game if I had the free time. It would be much better if it's below the given budget, I'd rather spend the savings for my college fees :/ I'm currently eyeing at the ROG g751JY because it looks damn sexy. :D Hopefully you can help me guys! thanks!

Specs for the customized Sager NP8298 17.3":
Intel i7 4710mq
GTX 980 8 GB
32 GB DDR3 ram
480GB Crucial M500 SSD Sata III + 1TB 7200RPM Sata II
Windows 8.1
Price: Php 123 550 or roughly $2748.00

Specs for the Asus G751JY - DH71:
Intel Haswell Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz - 3.5GHz) Processor
17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Matte LED Display
24GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
256GB (128GB SSD x2 RAID-0) + 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive Blu-ray Burner
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit 802.11AC WLAN Thunderbolt, Illuminated Keyboard
Price: Php 130 700 or roughly $2907.03

Solution
Code:

its not a dual version, its just the memory bus out has been expanded. Manufacturers do it all the time as a means of adding value when the only difference for having above 2GB of VRAM is when you're at a higher resolution. Since most games do not use above 2GB of VRAM at 1080p the effect is minimal. of course there is the occasional game like shadow of morder that asks for something crazy like 3 or 5GB of VRAM - but that's due to customised textures etc. It's hardly improved and isn't worth the extra money :)
hope this helps :)
G

@bright tail Sadly, shipping in the Philippines is expensive and risky. :(

@dasulman Yes, the cooling is superb, and I agree about it looking sexier than the Sager one. But will the 980 with only 4gigs of VRAM make a difference between the one that has 8gigs?

Code:

its not a dual version, its just the memory bus out has been expanded. Manufacturers do it all the time as a means of adding value when the only difference for having above 2GB of VRAM is when you're at a higher resolution. Since most games do not use above 2GB of VRAM at 1080p the effect is minimal. of course there is the occasional game like shadow of morder that asks for something crazy like 3 or 5GB of VRAM - but that's due to customised textures etc. It's hardly improved and isn't worth the extra money :)
hope this helps :)

Solution