Asus g752vs OR Aorus x7 v6

qxers

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I was about to buy this asus laptop http://www.excaliberpc.com/647416/asus-g752vs-rb71-17.3-g-sync-full.html + 256 ssd but i found out that this Aorus http://www.excaliberpc.com/647571/aorus-x7-v6-pc3k4d-17.3-qhd.html laptop costs like 150-200$ more but it has 1440p 120hz screen and 512ssd. Looks like the aorus could be the better choice but its quite abit lighter than the asus one so i am abit worried about the thermals on the Aorus. What are your thoughts on these two laptops and which one i should go for?

Solution
I would give the edge to the auros as it has better storage which you will notice when the system boots. Yes the laptop will be loud but they are good at handling the heat as far as I know. The asus is generally a good laptop to have for intensive tasks like gaming and their cooling is very good,
The aorus is good, but there is one issue that is pretty big with it: heat. Just like all ultra low profile notebooks, the aorus is going to get pretty hot, not just to the touch but also CPU wise. You'll probably not get thermal throttling, but you'll get a lot of noise from the fans.

Now, I can't fully confirm this since there is no review on this notebook yet. But, from my experience with all ultra thin notebooks, they all have the exact same trait.

Is that g752 the top end model? If i'm correct, I think there might be a more powerful model with a 512GBssd and a 75hz screen (sure not 144hz but it's better than 60hz).

qxers

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

Yes this one has 75hz screen and i want atleast 256 ssd but the aorus looks really nice. The 1440p and 120hz are really tempting but im really worried about the thermals. I am going to buy one of these two [unless something amazing comes out in the meantime]. I am planning on buying in a month or so. BTW any good sellers that ship to europe i should consider?

Sorry I don't know who is good in Europe.

Xtreme999

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Bro, aorus x7 has new air intakes on the upper side plus a larger fan, and on top of it 1070 runs much cooler and since its not in SLI, there is some temp drop there as well.
I wanted a more portable x5 but it does not have air intakes on top :(
So I changed my mind to x7, which out of my 100+ hours of research is the best laptop. I wish I had more money for 1080 though.
Whatever you buy remember new graphics will be out in 2018 which will massively overpower current gen graphics and also set base for 2160p gaming.(mouth watering)

qxers

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

Yeah im not even thinking about 4k atm 1440p and 120hz would be more than enough for me and what about the fan noise on full load?

I would give the edge to the auros as it has better storage which you will notice when the system boots. Yes the laptop will be loud but they are good at handling the heat as far as I know. The asus is generally a good laptop to have for intensive tasks like gaming and their cooling is very good,

Solution

Mandragorin

Estimable
Apr 30, 2014
Hey there, which one did you buy and what do you think of It?
I'm looking to buy one of these too. The Asus I've seen has 32gb ram and Thunderbolt 3.1, whereas the Aorus has 16gb ram and is about £100 dearer