asus gaming laptop heating problem (gl552vw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow69518

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
i just bought my first gaming laptop a Asus ROG gl552vw, The problem is my temps, they start at 90F for the CPU and 100F for the motherboard. Which are normal temps, however they slowly rise every minute. And within 30 minutes my laptop temps are 178F for CPU and 168 for the motherboard. which leads to my laptop freezing. NO i am not playing games the temps rise just with it doing nothing (no background processes). it eventually freezes from the heat. The fan seems to be working, I can feel air blowing out lightly. i have open it and stripped it to the motherboard everything seemed clean and operational. the only thing i havent checked is the thermal paste. if anyone has any solutions or ideas, please let me know.

Solution
Those temperatures are okay with your dedicated graphics. Try using a different temperature application to see if you get the same numbers but if it still bothers you just pick up a good laptop cooling pad just in case. It’s always a good idea to have an air can duster around when you have to blow out the unit. The dust can often accumulate heat as well as slow down the fan speed if not stop it. Also make sure that nothing is blocking the air vents and exhaust so your laptop can have sufficient airflow. But yes definitely consider an exchange like popatim said if there is in fact a defect. Try those out and let us know!

ASUSCustomerLoyalty

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Those temperatures are okay with your dedicated graphics. Try using a different temperature application to see if you get the same numbers but if it still bothers you just pick up a good laptop cooling pad just in case. It’s always a good idea to have an air can duster around when you have to blow out the unit. The dust can often accumulate heat as well as slow down the fan speed if not stop it. Also make sure that nothing is blocking the air vents and exhaust so your laptop can have sufficient airflow. But yes definitely consider an exchange like popatim said if there is in fact a defect. Try those out and let us know!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.