Asus GL502VS screen bleed question

rkattar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
I recently bought an ASUS Gl502VS-DS71 laptop after a lot of research. I just did a screen bleed test out of curiosity and did notice two patches one at the bottom edge towards right and other at the right edge of the screen. I am not sure if this is considered normal.

More concerned on the edges as highlighted in the image below. The other bright areas seem to be more pronounced in camera picture.

sfkql0.jpg

I was thinking of returning it to Newegg, but was also concerned that may get a replacement with a worse screen. Please advise if I have to go for an RMA? Also any idea on the return policies of Newegg - whether they ship a new laptop or just repair the existing one ? Thanks.

Solution
I am having the same issue with my GL502VS.
Build quality of their laptops is terrible!!!!!!!

After hours of gaming, when the heat, hits the screen, you will see more and more issues like that.

First i noticed one patch and after 2 month, i am having 4.

Forget about RMA and etc... this is their build quality
not sure about the return policies for newegg but i suggest sending it back for Rma and tell them specifically about the problem.if they are sending a new one ask them to check the new unit for light bleeding.i believe this issue is because of the screw/casing being to tight/loose.i have a laptop with light bleed but didnt notice them until a few months.i decided to live with it since its just for normal usage like browsing,media consumption.(and its cheap anyway)

rkattar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

Thank you for your reply. Regarding RMA, I first contacted ASUS and they stated that only repair would be done and no laptop replacement. Then I got in touch with Newegg a few times and they stated that they would raise an RMA which would take around 10 days and then sending a replacement another 2 days. They specifically stated that a new replacement piece would be sent to me. So both the company's statements are too contradicting.

Also quite worried that I may get a worse laptop as I don't think Newegg has a policy of opening and checking a sealed laptop before shipping. Any idea on that?

since both contradicts each other i say leave it be for now or u might end up voiding the warranty.i believe newegg might give u a new unit since they are a re seller and should have some more in stock. and i believe the rma will be raise for your laptop so they can send it back to asus(for repair then sell it back as refurb maybe?).so i suggest keeping in touch with newegg since u did not buy directly from asus.and hopefully newegg keep their word.(well u got an email from them to prove it anyway).

up-snake

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I am having the same issue with my GL502VS.
Build quality of their laptops is terrible!!!!!!!

After hours of gaming, when the heat, hits the screen, you will see more and more issues like that.

First i noticed one patch and after 2 month, i am having 4.

Forget about RMA and etc... this is their build quality

Solution

rkattar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

Agree. Seeing a lot of complaints on Asus laptops QC. Any other brand you feel is better?

up-snake

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Do not buy gaming laptops at all. Build a desktop PC yourself.
All gaming laptops are overpriced and the materials they use are the cheapest.
If you are like me who had no choice but to buy one due to lots of traveling, Alienware might be a better choice.

rkattar

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

I had actually thought of buying an Alienware which I saw at best buy. The screen, sound and performance was soo good. The main thing which stopped me from buying was the weight. It was around 9 pounds (just the laptop) and in addition the power brick which could add another pound.

Anyways I guess this might be the last gaming laptop. Well hopefully ;)

up-snake

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Amen to that