Asus GL503VM Laptop without integrated graphics?

May 11, 2018
so i've recently bought Asus gl503vm, while installing video card drivers from intel i got this error: “This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing software.”

so i've search for it , and found out that it has to be turned on from the BIOS menu , but there's nothing in my BIOS about it. because of this my battery is only lasting around 45 mins while doing absolutely nothing.

"so i've search for it , and found out that it has to be turned on from the BIOS menu"

That only applies to (some) older desktop motherboards, never to laptops.

Your laptop has integrated graphics via the Intel i7, plus a discrete Nvidia GPU.

You must get all drivers only from your laptop maker's website, not from anywhere else.

The driver you got from Intel is the wrong one, hence the error message.

May 11, 2018

I've tried downloading it from both intel and asus website , still the same error...
By the way, in the device manager i can only see nvidia under display options....

May 11, 2018

Yes there is: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/HelpDesk_Download/

May 11, 2018

Don't think so, cause without intel hd graphics laptop lasts for like 1 hour or less on battery which is not even close to what they mentioned in the specs...

May 11, 2018

Well in this page , first you select laptop model, then OS, then all drivers will appear.

I fully realise you have to select the model first - - I'm not stupid - - but after doing that the page doesn't reload like it should do to show the drivers - - - not reloading for me anyway.

I'm leaving this thread now folks - - - getting nowhere - - time to move on.