Question Asus GL552 laptop screen display problem

provlima

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
My laptop is having display problems that start with screen flickering getting progressively worse and ending up looking like the screen shot below. I had a similar problem that was repaired shortly after I purchased it in 2016 so I suspect it is a known problem with Asus laptops. The problem subsides when I move the screen a few times but always returns later

Any ideas what it is causing it and how much it should cost to repair Thanks for your help

IURjPVO.jpg

The cost I can't answer, different areas of the world, different costs. I would suggest calling around to a few places there to get an estimate though.

It could be one of two things, either the cable that connects the display to the motherboard is loose, damaged, pinched, etc., or the display itself is going bad. The former is a lot cheaper to repair.

Now if you feel comfortable doing so, you can check the cable that connects them yourself. However, if not, then check with the local techs to see what they then charge just to officially diagnose it, rather than just the cost of the full repair.

Good luck.