ASUS GL553 geforce 1050 BSOD (Driver Power State Failure)

nemooay

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
OK So I keep getting this error on my 2 months old laptop. By going through other posts about it I can see its probably a failure in nvidias power settings meaning the graphics card is in sleep mode and dont wake up fast enough. To fix it I see several people suggesting that I change the power settings in nvidia control panel which leads to my problem.

I cannot find my nvidia control panel anywhere it seems like its been replaced by geforce experience, everytime I open the geforce experience I get the blue screen. I cannot open geforce experience in safe mode because the graphics card is disabled. How do I turn off the power savings for the graphics card without nvidia control panel?

PCMACPC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
First try to reinstall your drivers.

Remove old drivers:

- Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
- Open in safe mode
- Remove drivers, and restart pc

Reinstall drivers:

- Download newest drivers from Geforce website
- Install drivers
- Restart pc

nemooay

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I done this many times just not with DDU but Ill try again. using DDU see if that changes anything.

updated: Changed nothing I still get BSOD and theres still no nvidia control panel,

Psycnosis

Estimable
May 1, 2015

well that worked for the control panel only problem is opening it triggers the blue screen.

scorpiodevilkings

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Try the drivers that Asus provide in this website

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/HelpDesk_Download/

Version V22.21.13.8253
2017/07/06 577.84 MBytes
nVidia Graphics Driver

With this very old driver I don't have any BSOD.

ducky2009

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018

My dearest friend. I to have been fighting this problem for over a week to no avail. The Asus website driver is to old to work for current games. This is an embarrassment for windows, nvidia and Asus to just leave it like this. If anyone has anything to assist with, please save us from this madness.

Apr 20, 2018

Hello, I came here because I have the same issue with exactly the same PC. Did you manage to solve it ?

Apr 25, 2018

Have you tried updating your BIOS? i have a ASUS FX553VD GTX 1050. I too struggled with the same problem. I used to get a BSOD everytime i open a game. The problem started from the Windows 10 anniversary update. I fixed it by updating my BIOS version. I was running on version 300 whereas the latest drivers on the ASUS support page showed version 304. My laptop model and yours seem to be using the same firmware. Try out this solution. Your laptop driver can be found here: https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/HelpDesk_Download/