Asus GL752(RoG)won’t turn on

rossas1990

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
My Fiancée bought her laptop about a year and a half ago. She’s had some issues with it from the start, the provided AC adapter wouldn’t charge or supply power, but my Lenovo adapter worked just fine. Oddly enough, the ASUS adapter worked fine on my Lenovo.

Fast forward to now and the laptop completely stopped turning on. No charge indicating LEDs or even an attempt at powering up. Both AC adapters work for my Lenovo so I’m ruling that out as a possibility.

I’m confident enough in my abilities to replace the battery and charging port, but I’m wondering if I’d be better off taking it to a professional. It’s hard to have that expensive of a laptop be bricked.
I don’t think she had any type of warranty through Best Buy where she purchased it. She doesn’t recall getting one anyway.

I greatly appreciate any feedback!

Solution
Unless she paid for an extended warranty, it is probably out of warranty. It does sound like it is the battery, but if you are unsure if you can do the work without issue, I would suggest taking it to a tech. Some devices are set up to make even the battery hard to get to.
Unless she paid for an extended warranty, it is probably out of warranty. It does sound like it is the battery, but if you are unsure if you can do the work without issue, I would suggest taking it to a tech. Some devices are set up to make even the battery hard to get to.

Solution