Asus GL753 Benchmark

vivant

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
Hello,

Ok, so I got the Asus GL753 and I wanted to know what you think about this laptop's performance:

I have these benchmark results here:
http://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S47783-M211019.211022.975.207413vsS47783-M211019.211022.975.207413

I noticed something strange. During more demanding activities, the motherboard temperature is always higher than the CPU temperature for example:
CPU: 60
Motherboard: 65
This is how it was during the time I did the tests from userbenchmark.

The maximum temperatures I got to during another benchmark were quite higher than that (probably around 80 something) but that was a long benchmark test I wanted to make to see how the laptop holds up. There are a number of bad reviews about this laptop and I don't get why.

In idle I have:
CPU: 49
Motherboard 51
Is this temperature good in idle for this laptop ?

Does the benchmark I provided you with show that this is a good laptop ?

I don't know much about benchmarks or about how to evaluate laptops and I thought I would ask the people that know more.

QARTS

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
You've already bought this laptop and you wanna know about its reviews,
So Yeahh definitely its a very good laptop as its packed with some serious tech-
i7 7700HQ
GTX 1050(Best part lies here)
Use AMD Overdrive to monitor CPU and GPU temps as i consider it to be more accurate than MSI Afterburner and others.

Try running few heavy games and see the temps and Usage of both CPU and GPU.

vivant

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014

I've already seen the reviews, but I don't fully trust them. In reviews any fancy laptop that only has an integrated GPU with amazing build quality, beats any decent laptop that has better specs and will also last the same, if you take care of it.
I know that the 1050 is a low-end GPU, however I didn't buy this laptop only for gaming. I only wanted a dedicated GPU from the new series in the laptop, as well as the ability to use multiple screens using the mini display port and the HDMI

The point was that I wanted to know if in comparison to other laptops the temperatures are good, as well as what others think about the benchmark scores.
The Asus GL753 only has one fan that cools both the CPU and GPU. It's the same as all their old laptop models.

I will install the software you mentioned today and get back to you.

vivant

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
As a conclusion:

- AMD Overdrive results in BSOD.
- I have installed HWMonitor in order to see the temperature.
- Overall, everything works perfectly and I think this is a perfectly balanced laptop.
- I have played some games on this laptop and I have gotten great results - the laptop fan is slightly audible sometimes - but not enough to bother me.

i have no idea why u use amd overdrive on a system with intel + nvidia combo.also the temps is normal on a laptop not to mention that the laptop only have one fan too cool the system.also what do u mean that a fancy laptop with igpu beats the one with dedicated gpu?beat it in what way of what exactly?

vivant

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
Well if you look at some of the reviews for laptops, nowadays you will see a laptop that only has integrated GPU and it will receive higher score than an all-rounder laptop which has a dedicated GPU, just because of something like longer battery life (which it will obviously have due to the igpu) and build quality.
Anyway I did conclude that I am satisfied with the laptop I got so that's that. The temperatures are perfect and I cannot feel any head in the palm rest area.