ASUS K501 don't start except when battery's totally empty

Mar 11, 2018
So my ASUS K501 took some water in the keyboard but worked perfectly untill someday it randomly stopped turning on (there s only the light bulb light working but the computer doesn't start).

I let the light bulb completely empty the battery and i turned it on when it was done (after nearly 5 days ) and it worked but everytime i turn the computer off I have the same problem and i can't be waiting 5 days every time i need my laptop. Since it s a internal battery I can t take the battery off so easily (but i will get my hands dirty if it's necessary kek) do you have a solution for me ?

If you got water in it, and didn't remove the battery at the time along with removing the charger, and didn't let it dry for days, yes days, after this occurred, then you may well have damaged something. The battery included. You really need to have it looked at.

Mar 11, 2018
I did let it dry but since it's an internal battery, I had no other choice then let it dry with battery. Right now, I'm using it to answer you (since the light bulb light emptied the battery and allows me to turn it on again). Can I suppose that the problem comes from battery and I don't need some expensive mother card change ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 1
Pasiya98 Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
slydoge Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Acer Aspire won't start windows. Battery or more serious?
Question My battery randomly starts and stops while charging(starts to happen when battery percentage is over 80%) why?
Question ASUS Laptop doesn't start from battery but did work if charging cable removed from laptop at the right time ( does not rn)
Question Laptop Built in battery plugged in suddenly reboots and it takes long to start again...battery showing 99% before it reboots
Solved! Battery indicator starts flashing 15 minutes after being connected to the charger
Solved! battery runs down below 50 percent and suppose I start it up again, battery status shows low n turn off.
My laptop is not starting after hibernating when I removed power battery and fixed it on its position
My Lenovo laptop battery starts ti charge for about 20 seconds then stops
Please help.. i have lenovo ideapad 110 non removable battery, yesterday my laptop was completely fine but when i start it tod
New battery computers won't start
My laptop battery is dead, and only way to work laptop is to charge all the time, but lately it starts to say, critical batter
My acer travelmate p643-m isnt starting. Its stuck on the acer logo. I tried turning it on and off and removed the batteries.
When i inserted new battery the charging light started blinking even without connecting the charger. Why ?
my laptop doesn't start unless i press the power button multiple times..the battery is ok as well as the AC adapter..what caus
Laptop wont start on battery
Data loss on removal of battery and start of Laptop when laptop got off suddenly.
Samsung laptop both power and battery lights blinking but computer doesn't start
Lenovo Flex15-D Laptop Starts Only On Battery
ASUS Q500A Laptop powers down shortly after start-up (only following drained battery)
My Asus x550 will not boot. HD lights for a second, fan starts and nothing. HDD and battery are internal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY