asus k52jr ram and hdd compatibility

Yoshino76

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
My sister brought me this laptop, it's like 8 years old, she said it was very slow, and I noticed the hdd would go full load just by opening the browser, so I assume it's damaged since formating dos nothing.

But I can't find in the asus website what does this laptop support

Would be a seagate 500gb 7200 rpm laptop disk work with it ?
also what about a single 8gb 1600 ram ? or should I buy x2 4gb?

seagate_surfer

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Laptops typically can use just about any modern hard drive that is 2.5" form factor, 7mm height. Almost all of these on the market are 5400 RPM speed, but there are some 7200 RPM out there. You could also use an SSD (Solid-State Drive) that is the same form factor as well. Our 500GB, 2.5" drive is the BarraCuda model ST500LM030, and it is 5400 RPM.

Strictly performance-wise, the best storage option would be a 2.5" SSD which is flash storage and does not have spinning mechanical components, but they can be quite expensive compared to HDDs, so you just have to decide which is the right fit for you.

We do offer a type of drive that is a sort of best-of-both-worlds of the 2, a hybrid drive, or SSHD (current Seagate branding: FireCuda). They have an SSD cache, the drive intuitively looks at which data you're accessing most frequently and puts it on the SSD cache for faster load-time performance, then also has a larger traditional spinning storage capacity so that you still get a good amount of storage space without blowing up the budget. The 500GB, 2.5" model of that would be ST500LX025.

Regardless of which route you decide to go in the end, thank you for considering Seagate!