Asus Keyboard Spilled Soup. All keys are mixed

Chris19W

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Hello,
Today while eating I accidentally spilled some Cream of Broccoli on top of my laptop keyboard. It wasn't a huge spill. Only the backspace, -, =, [, ], \, del key, pause br, prt sc and the delete key got some soup on it. Only around 9 keys. I Immediately wiped the spill furiously with some napkins, since it was the only thing at hand as I was in a cafe. I dunno what or how it happened, but after this all my keys got jumbled and mixed. Like G now types T, H types Y, 6 types JY, 7 types Y, Backspace types d. Also the WASD keys don't work like many others.

I find this very strange the entire keyboard is messed up, only cause i spilled some cream of broccoli on some keys. If anything only those keys that had any spill should have stop working not the entire keyboard. I dunno if i accidentally change the settings or something. Probably by wiping this area like crazy i might have changed the layout cause theres no reason for the entire keyboard to be messed up. I'm desperate right now and I've tried everything and nothing has worked.

i own an ASUS D551JM

It sounds like the spill got into a location that has connections for all the keys. Which can happen. The only way to fix that would be to get inside, under the keys, and clean it up well, then let it dry for a couple days (Yes I do mean days) without touching it.

If it is under warranty, the spill probably already voided that, however you could contact the manufacturer to be sure. Better to check.