Asus laptop battery shows 80% plugged in, charging, but if I remove power cord, system turns off. I've non removable battery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRavin

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Asus laptop(6 Months old) battery shows 80% plugged in, charging, but if I remove power cord, system turns off. My laptop has non removable battery..

Solution
Well, reset battery gauge. You do this by going to the battery icon and charge it to the 'so - called 100%' then wait for the notebook to run out of charge naturally. Don't do anything with the PC and don't power it off. Once battery drains to 0%, recharge PC up to 100%, then use as normal.
Hope this helps,

Xavier

Xavier_Hamoodi

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Well, reset battery gauge. You do this by going to the battery icon and charge it to the 'so - called 100%' then wait for the notebook to run out of charge naturally. Don't do anything with the PC and don't power it off. Once battery drains to 0%, recharge PC up to 100%, then use as normal.
Hope this helps,

Xavier

Solution

veonztwo

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

But how can he leave it to drain if its plugged in ?
It will basically shutdown without the power cord.
How is this even marked as a solution?

veonztwo

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
So, here is a method which involves the use of Windows CMD to check the Battery Health Report which shows the charging cycles and performance of your battery over a course of time.

1. Open CMD in Admin Mode.

2. Type the command:
powercfg /batteryreport
Press Enter.

3.To view the Battery Report, press Windows+R and type the following location:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\battery-report.html
sometimes the report will be saved in another directory. the command prompt will note it down when the report is created.
Click Ok. This file will open in your web browser.

This is how a healthy battery looks like:

fhdcLjV.png

This is how an Unhealthy battery would look like when its dead and its time to buy a new one:

7O2AAf2.png

hope this helps people before they decide buying a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.