ASUS laptop capacitor spark

Nightbolterz

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
10
0
4,560
0
Hello, while i removed screws to replace thermal paste on CPU i accidentally touched capacitor with magnetic screwdriver and it sparked a bit. (I forgot to unplug the battery from motherboard while replacing)



My question is: I did any damage to that capacitor and laptop overall?

P.S.

My Laptop working fine 3 days already and everything works fine.
 

Lutfij

Splendid
Moderator
If the system doesn't show any visible signs of distress or slow down or even issues while powered up then it's nothing to worry about. I would like to stress though, I think you've learned by now, that you understand why we all suggest to power down and remove any form of battery power(apart from the motherboard/CMOS battery) when dealing with tech repair/PC troubleshooting...?
 

Lutfij

Splendid
Moderator
If the system doesn't show any visible signs of distress or slow down or even issues while powered up then it's nothing to worry about. I would like to stress though, I think you've learned by now, that you understand why we all suggest to power down and remove any form of battery power(apart from the motherboard/CMOS battery) when dealing with tech repair/PC troubleshooting...?
 

Nightbolterz

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
10
0
4,560
0


Yeah everything seems fine for now. That looked like small static spark when i touched it.

Thank you for your reply!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nosam Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 5
TheWalkingDazz Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 6
sanctiezen Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 3
7malligk Laptop Tech Support 5
derbu Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 24
M Laptop Tech Support 2
theonceler48 Laptop Tech Support 1
xtcPanda Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 5
Visluck Laptop Tech Support 2
jomari29 Laptop Tech Support 4
W Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 17
D Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY