ASUS laptop G53J - keyboard illumination not active

Cooee3

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Hello, When I boot, the keyboard briefly lights (along with the upper left 3 buttons and upper right button). However, after completing the boot, the keyboard illumination button fails to get the keyboard illuminated - the upper 4 buttons light up but not the keyboard. Increasing the keyboard light level with the Function Key makes no difference. Anybody had/resolved this issue.

Also, when playing Civ 5 I can't get the cursor to show. Makes the game near impossible to play. I've tried all sorts of keystrokes to try to get the cursor visible - to no avail...

Solution
on the keyboard illumination I'd suspect there is probably some driver that Asus uses to interact with the keyboard lighting system that you need to install. As for Civ 5 have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? updating graphics drivers etc?

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
on the keyboard illumination I'd suspect there is probably some driver that Asus uses to interact with the keyboard lighting system that you need to install. As for Civ 5 have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? updating graphics drivers etc?

Solution

Cooee3

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
I downloaded the Driver 'ATK' from ASUS website and bingo - the keyboard illumination is now working correctly. With the Civ V issue - have found that Fn+F1 puts the laptop into sleep - and then coming back out of that usually brings the cursor up. Issue resolved - in a make-shift fashion....