Asus laptop has white screen with ink blobs and can't access anything on start up

Chris_297

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
My Asus laptop was running normally then after being idle the screen came back white with ink spots and after trying to restart several times the problem is still the same and I am not able to interrupt the startup sequence or do anything at all

Try this and see if you can see the screen.

1. Turn off your laptop.
2. Connect an external monitor.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

Can you see the screen on the external laptop? If yes, then the problem lies in your display or its connections.

If the laptop is no longer under warranty you can open it up and check the ribbon cable that connects the display. Make sure it isn't pinched, bent, torn, damaged, loose, disconnected, etc. If that isn't the problem then it may well be the display itself.

Now if you do not see anything even on the external display then it is probably the graphics card that is needing replacement.

Hi, if your screen is white, and you have black ink spots, then your screen is cracked. Try an external monitor to see if you have the same problem.

Chris_297

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

Chris_297

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Have connected to remote monitor and everything is working perfectly. I will attempt to open up the laptop and check the connections as u suggested and see iif that could be the problem. Thanks for your help with this.

Chris_297

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016