ASUS Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Jul 6, 2018
Hi
So recently the keyboard for my ASUS Vivobook F510UA hasn't been working. It started with some keys typing extra letters (for example I'd type the t key and it'd type tg), but now some keys aren't typing at all. I've been though a lot of these forums and I've tried completely resetting my computer, uninstalling the keyboard from the device manager, and the Fn numberlock thing, but the problem persists. Any help would be really appreciated and sorry if I didn't include enough details.

Thank you!

Solution
When you uninstalled the keyboard driver did you make sure to restart the computer (turn it off and back on) before the driver was reinstalled? If not, it would not have worked correctly. So I would try doing that.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
When you uninstalled the keyboard driver did you make sure to restart the computer (turn it off and back on) before the driver was reinstalled? If not, it would not have worked correctly. So I would try doing that.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution
Jul 6, 2018

Yes, an external keyboard works, so I guess the issue is the laptop's actual keyboard! Guess I'll send in the laptop to ASUS for repairs. Thank you for the help!