Solved! ASUS Laptop power/ start up issues

Jan 17, 2019
I have an ASUS Zenbook UX 305L i7 which is giving issues: I have to physically open it up, disconnect and re-connect the battery and "jump start" it with the charger to power up every time. I understand this is a common defect on ASUS laptops. Can anyone suggest a remedy please? TIA

Solution
Actually, it is possible that it is involving the motherboard. That is the one thing one would hope isn't the problem.

Now, with their claiming such a high cost, I have to ask, is it under warranty? If it is, then they shouldn't be charging you. If it isn't, then you may want to try a local tech instead of them. The cost could be significantly less.
Jan 17, 2019

Thanks, although the battery does charge to full capacity and holds its charge..

Jan 17, 2019
A good 6 -7 hours, and if I keep it charged its fine. The issue comes in when having to shut down and re-start. That's when I have to open it up , dis -connect the battery, hold down the power button, connect the AC (even if just for a second) and then reconnect the battery.

Hmm, so the battery then sounds fine. If it lasts that long I would not think it isn't putting out enough power to start it (which can happen), but then I have to ask, is it an OEM battery or an aftermarket one? Other than this, you have me kind of stumped. All the scenarios keep running through my head, but none fit your issue.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Jan 17, 2019

Yeah- its the original OEM battery.
ASUS of course tells me we have replace the entire mother board, which will cost a fortune and doesn't seem to make any sense when other than this issue the laptop is running perfectly..

Actually, it is possible that it is involving the motherboard. That is the one thing one would hope isn't the problem.

Now, with their claiming such a high cost, I have to ask, is it under warranty? If it is, then they shouldn't be charging you. If it isn't, then you may want to try a local tech instead of them. The cost could be significantly less.

Solution
If not under warranty, then I would check around with local techs, rather than going through the manufacturer and see what kind of cost they say. They are usually cheaper, and a good one will give you a warranty. Usually like 90 days on the work, and then whatever the parts warranty is.