ASUS laptop Q301L randomly turned off and won't turn back on

katelyn_varga

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Hi :)
I was in the middle of browsing Twitter, when my laptop randomly blackscreened. It's been doing this for quite sometime, however I'm usually able to turn it back on. Whenever I try press the power button, the button itself and my screen light up momentarily, before making a small click sound and turning off again.

I've tried the whole removing the battery, plugging in my adapter and holding down the power button method, and I remain unsucessful. I've hit a dead end with searching through previous threads, so help would be greatly appreciated :D

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First I would suggest doing another hard reboot, remove the battery an unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- And if all these will not work that means the motherboard is the problem already.

andiestuffiegirl

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
This is an Asus issue... It's the. Connector plate that holds the hard drive onto the motherboard. Took me a while to track down the source but that's what it is. Mine has gone out twice. You can order them for a couple dollars. Good luck!