timwilliams132

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
So i have an Asus N53SN laptop running windows 7 that just decided to crap out on me yesterday. So i decided to use the recovery partition and restore to factory settings. all went well and the computer was restored and i went through the process of setting up my laptop like a new computer. however, within 30 minutes of myself using my newly restored computer, it blue screens and continues to do so upon booting windows. i have tried to do the asus recovery partition again, but to no avail it blue screens during that now too. it says MEMORY MANAGEMENT, with STOP 0x0000001A (0x00008886, 0x921CDD88, 0x921B01A4, 0x00000205)

Im not sure what to do to attempt to fix this.

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
If you still have the windows disk, I would try the following:

Run checkdisk off it by booting to the CD > enter all required information > select the "repair your computer" option > select the main disk with the OS installed > click command prompt under the recovery options.

Once the command prompt window opens up, type the following command into the box:

chkdsk C: /r

This will start the checkdisk recovery system and should help to fix any windows registry and driver issues. Depending on how much data you have stored on your drive, this could take some time so expect to be waiting a while for it to complete.

After it is done, the computer should restart, or at least provide you with a prompt to restart, after which, you should take the disk out of the optical drive so your computer won't boot to it again.

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
You can make your own. All you need is either a USB thumb drive with at least 4GB of space or a blank DVD.

First, download the iso for the version of software you are intending. You will want to choose the same version (premium, pro, ultimate, etc) that was originally installed onto your computer.

Link to the ISO files:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

Keep in mind, you want to choose the correct language and bitrate... that is either x86 (for 32 bit) or x64 (for 64 bit).

Once you have that downloaded, you can now expand it onto the thumb drive, or disk. Make sure you have any important information backed up on the drive if you use it before starting as the bootable OS process will erase all data stored there.

Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from the following link and follow the on-screen instructions.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

----

Once the drive/ disk has been created, insert either and boot to it > enter all required information > select the "repair your computer" option > select the main disk with the OS installed > click command prompt under the recovery options.

Once at command prompt, enter the following command to begin the checkdisk procedure: chkdsk C: /r

Keep in mind, if you have multiple drives/ volumes, you will need to replace the chkdsk C: /r with the letter of the volume your OS is installed on. If it were "D" you'd but chkdsk D: /r, or E would be chkdsk E: /r

Let that run its course and restart and see if that solves it.

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
Checkdisk doesn't actually remove any drivers or software, it only checks for faults in the Windows operating system.

You would only need those drivers if you were going to do a clean install of your OS.