• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

asus laptop wont boot after windows 8 installation failure

vishnusanjay

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014
Power went out when i was installing windows 8 in my asus laptop. I think the power went out while i was formating a partition.now my laptop wont boot..getting a black screen after asus logo. I cant even get into bios menu to change the boot order.i tried all the keys but of no use..is there a chance of hard disk getting corrupted..is there any other way to boot from cd rom or usb since i cant enter bios menu..

vishnusanjay

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

I am not able to get into bios to change the boot order...hard disk was the first boot option. I used the boot over ride option to select cd rom while installing windows.so now the main problem is not able to enter bios... is thrre any other way to entr bios...or even my bios is corrupted...

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Possibly. At the very least it'll try the next option down the boot menu list, but it might just give an error telling you no bootable devices were found. It won't hurt to try as long as you're careful when you disconnect the drive to not damage anything.

vishnusanjay

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

I submitted the laptop to the service center. They have called and told me that hard drive is corruptee and u have to replace it..is this possible in my case.wont formatting the hard disk solve the problem..Please advice..

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
It's possible, but you should be able to get into the bios. How quickly are you hitting f2 to get into the bios? I know Asus laptops only provide a very short window to hit f2, so sometimes you have to hit it repeatedly and quickly to get in. If you can get into the bios to change boot devices, You can get a CD to boot with a hard drive diagnostic tool on it, which will help you out. Alternatively, you can take the hard drive out, attach it to a different computer via a USB enclosure or second hard drive bay, and run a drive diagnostic on another PC.

vishnusanjay

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

When i connected a different hard disk to my laptop.i can able to acess the bios ..even if i connect my hard disk to a different PC same problem occurs in that PC also..not able to access BIOS..There is no signal from hard drive.It has choked completely.I think boot sector is damaged..its time to bury my hard disk and buy anew one:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
F Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 2
T Laptop General Discussion 4
lt24 Laptop General Discussion 2
A Laptop General Discussion 2
Lutfij Laptop General Discussion 0