Asus n550jv Battery Drain

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Hey guys, need some help sorting out a weird phenomenom happening to my asus n550jv. The issue is that half the time when I close the lid at the end of the night, in the morning I will come to find that the battery is completely dead. However the weird part is the fact that after the lid closes it appears to go into sleep (screen turns off, hard drive and other power lights turn off...) furthermore in the power menu setting (win 8.1) it is set to sleep when the lid is closed.

Other notes:
-Running samsung high performance mode (replaced hdd with 840 evo)
-Running clean version of 8.1, not the stock version with all the bloatware

Thanks for the help.

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Not yet don't think it's a battery problem but maybe a driver or something. Might even be a program causing the issue as it doesn't happen all the time. Please let me know what Asus says.

bgb1953

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
I have noticed that sometimes the laptop doesn't shut down properly. It seems to be because the wireless adaptor doesn't shut down and just hangs. I thought that is why the battery was draining at first. But now I make sure all the lights go out before I put the laptop away. Doing that I am now 100% sure that the battery drain happens when the laptop is shut down correctly.

alpacino2368

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I haven't experienced any problems with the laptop fully off it only drains like described in sleep mode when the lid is closed. Could be due to the wireless though. I'm not sure. I'm also not using much of the Asus power saving software.