ASUS N551 JW Water Damage

Eren_2

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hello guys,

I have ASUS N551 JW laptop and yesterday I accidently spilled water on it. I shut it off immediately and left it drying for 3-4 hours. When I start it, i realized that the keyboard had several damage. it was typing different letters than I type. I shut it off again and left it drying upside down for all night.

This morning, I came across with new issues. When I push the start button, "preparing for automatic repair" text appears on the screen and after 1-2 seconds, it shuts itself off. I tried many times, but couldn't be successfull passing that screen.

Do you think the only problem is with the keyboard? Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I have seen times where a bad keyboard caused the system not to boot, that automatic repair may be coming from the fact that the system did not shut down properly. Replace the keyboard and see what happens, next up would be a damaged motherboard, and possibly the hard drive, depending on where the water got to.
I have seen times where a bad keyboard caused the system not to boot, that automatic repair may be coming from the fact that the system did not shut down properly. Replace the keyboard and see what happens, next up would be a damaged motherboard, and possibly the hard drive, depending on where the water got to.

Solution