Asus N90SV Video issuses

jcmatta

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Has any one had video display issues on this notebook? I purchased one in Oct 2009 and the first two months were great.After Jan 2010 my display would go blank white with black horizontial lines. This happens at random times and under random work loads. Asus wants me to preform a system restore with Windows Vista 64,which came loaded on the machine when new, and then reload Windows 7 which they provided using their upgrade program. I really dont want to go through all this hassle so I was wondering if any here had similiar problems.
I am using Windows 7 64bit and an Invidia GT 130M video card. Please help.

jcmatta

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

Yes I have tried using the latest from Asus and Nvidia and nether one cured the problem.
Any other ideas ?
Thanks
JC Matta

jcmatta

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

I have used GPUZ to track temps and the highest temp logged was 56 C.
I dont think my card is overheating. Also the screen comes back right away after a forced shutdown.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
JC Matta

frozenlead

Distinguished
You can download a copy of Ubuntu (a linux distribution) and run it on your computer without having to install it. It's called a live CD. If your machine does the same thing under a completely different OS, you've successfully found that your machine has a hardware problem. If Ubuntu does not experience the problem, it's likely that yours lies with Windows instead.

G

This isn´ta driver or OS problem. Problem is poorly designed hardware. Problem is with the connector behind the left hinge cover. Still trying to fix it. Very disapointed with ASUS. Laptop still in warrnty, but is useless since they just make your computer work ok a couple of weeks and then problem comes back.

jcmatta

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
This isn´ta driver or OS problem. Problem is poorly designed hardware. Problem is with the connector behind the left hinge cover. Still trying to fix it. Very disapointed with ASUS. Laptop still in warrnty, but is useless since they just make your computer work ok a couple of weeks and then problem comes back.

I agree. I read on another site that this could be the problem. I looked at both connectors at the hinges and cleaned them up and reattached the connectors. This has worked for long periods of time but I still experience the problem every now and then so it is not cured.
As for Asus they wont acknowledge this problem and still want me to reload my OS. Terrible customer service.
I have asked for a refund but they wont respond to any such idea.
I am disappionted and looking forward to getting another laptop when the budget allows and it WONT be an ASUS.