Asus Pixel Error On Secondary Monitor

mad_cat

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
Hi TH:
I got a problem with Asus UX32LN - i5, 6GB ram, GT840m - 1080p

The problem is that I have connected the laptop to a BenQ 24'' 1080p. And on the BenQ I see yellow pixel dots on white backgrounds, only appears on white apparently. - And when I play a game, I saw blue dots on yellow/orange background.

Can someone tell me whats wrong? - Ty

-Anders

Solution

1N07

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like the monitor is dying.
Try to re-plug all the connectors and maybe do a factory reset for the monitor.
If that doesn't help the monitor is probably dying.
You could maybe try it on another computer just to make sure it's not some weird compatibility issue.

mad_cat

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015

I forgot to mention this: My desktop pc is currently in progress, as I am modding the case, the monitor(BenQ) works totally fine with the Desktop pc. But now, when my desktop pc is at "work in progress"

- I thought I could use my Laptop(Asus UX32LN) on the BenQ, instead of using the laptop screen, which is 13,3''

- But then the problems appears on the BenQ - I have tried going through the setting on the BenQ, but no change could help. The laptop screen works perfect though. I don't know what is wrong.

- Btw my laptop also got speaker problems, one of the speakers are louder than the other one. But I never use them so, Yeah.

-Laptop and Monitor(BenQ) are from 2014

-Hoped it help :)

1N07

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

Oh. Well, if the monitor works perfectly fine on the desktop PC, the only thing I can think of right now is that the laptop or the laptop's port is damaged(?). Have you tried any other monitor on it?

Solution

mad_cat

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015

-Yeah I tried with VGA cable - Display port to vga -> vga BenQ - It helped, = No pixel error more.
The cable I used before was a Hdmi(Laptop) to dual link DVI(BenQ) - I use Dvi to Dvi on my desktop pc, so this i 3 different cables.

What do you think is wrong, the cable or the port?

1N07

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014

Hmm. Well hard to say...
No educated guesses here... Just cold hard logic.
Try another cable with the port or another port with the same cable and see. That simple really.