Asus pop-up window

Dave_92

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I have a small pop-up window appear, seemingly whenever I close/change a program and when windows boots. It's just a small window, with "ASUS" at the top, and "DVI" within the box, that's it. Apparently it may be just informational, letting me know how my monitor is attached to the mobo, but it is ANNOYING. I can't seem to find where to disable it. I've looked in the BIOS settings, and even the monitor menu and I don't see anything. Anyone else have this issue? Everything seems to be running fine, I just would like to keep the window from popping up.

Dave_92

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
It is an Asus monitor and an Asus motherboard. Home built computer, Intel i5 core CPU, 16 Gb RAM, Asus P8 H77-M Pro mobo, GeForce GTX 650 graphics card, ASUS VS239H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED IPS Monitor.

Dave_92

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I am assuming that it's the monitor doing it, not the mobo or GPU. ButI don't see anything in the menu to disable it, just to change transparency. The manual doesn't seem to go into much detail.

Dave_92

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
No, the screen doesn't seem to flicker at all. When I tryto take a screenshot it isn't there, so it must be an overlay, that's why I'm thinking monitor. I've gone through everything on the monitor menu and whatever controls that is not there. There IS a transparency setting, and the menu turns somewhat transparent when setting it, as does this pop up then when it shows up again, so I think it has to be the monitor. But, whatever it is that menu doesn't allow me to disable it.

Dave_92

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Not per se - I can choose between VGA, DVI or HDMI, that's it. No "set as default", nothing. Obviously if I choose either of the other two the screen goes blank because I have it connected via DVI.

kswilfong

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
I find this very annoying too. It seems I always need to click my mail in that upper left corner and I have to wait a few seconds until that annoying popup goes away. Not a HUGE deal, but would love to disable it. It's pointless to me and my old monitor did not do that.

kswilfong

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
I myself do not see this pop-up when I change programs like the OP. I only see it at boot up and when my screen wakes up again after leaving it (power saver settings)