asus r750j power issues battery and AC

therealneiltee

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
this laptop wont run without the internal battery connected on AC.
if I charge the battery externally (lipo charger) and connect it it will run on the battery until it again goes flat and shuts off. the AC adapter is ok 19v .
past the post on the mother board I have 19v so its not the connector.
at the battery terminal with battery removed and AC connected I get 3v?
the internal battery is an 11.1v 6250mAh pack.
it looks to me like it is not charging the pack but I don't want to purchase another pack if I also have other issues. I can not understand why it wont run on AC without the battery .
any help appreciated.

Hi,

If you know your way around with laptops, I would suggest checking the battery terminals inside the laptop if its soldered properly into the motherboard. Try to re-solder the battery terminals then test it again with your battery. Next is to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work normally or not. If a different AC adapter will also not work I would suggest replacing the battery itself.

therealneiltee

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Thanks for the reply.

Different AC adapter with same 19v output yields the same result.
It doesn't run on this adapter either, the old adapter runs and charges the other laptop I borrowed this one from.
so I think the adapter is proven to be fine.

I don't understand how replacing the battery will achieve anything if the machine won't run on the AC adapter alone.
Are you saying I need the battery and the AC adapter connected to make this laptop power on?

I'm looking into the condition of the battery terminal connections now.

Thanks,