Asus ROG G752VY CPU Temp spikes when opening programs

Proto-Azieru

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Have had this Laptop for about 1.2 months now. I'm very impressed with it's performance and the supposed "Vapor chamber", which keeps the GPU below 70 degrees consistently. However the CPU is obviously having issues: During demanding games it runs between mid 70s to almost 80 degrees which strikes me as a little weird. But what really worries me is when opening a game like the crew (I'm not even playing the game or on a loading screen or anything, just opening the game) it has reached 90 degrees. This can't be right. What with this thing's impressive cooling system and all. Should I go to the vendor and let it get re-pasted? Since I know doing it myself will void the warranty. Would it void it even if the vendor does it? I also don't know what tool to use to safely remove the rubber holders (for lack of a better word) on the bottom of the laptop.

I would appreciate any advice/help for this. Thanks in advance.

On a side note: Is there any way to set a fan curve?

Hi,

I would agree with you when you say you'll take it back to the store so they can re-apply new thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU. It's not normal for a laptop with that temps specially while just on idle. It would also be best if they take a look at it themselves so the warranty won't be voided. :)