Asus RoG Strix GL502VS-DS71 power on issues

bailey.serrao

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Hey guys, I bought this great new laptop last week and I've had this issue 3 or 4 times now.

When I press the power button from full shutdown, this occasionally happens. I press power and the screen turns on. The backlight(?) turns on, but the screen remains black seemingly permanently (over 2 mins.)

From the first time, I tried pressing the power button to turn it back off since it wasn't working, then pressed it again a moment later to turn it on, and immediately it turns the screen on to the windows10 login screen, no power up boot with the RoG logo and all that jazz.

The OS is win10 home I believe, and is on a 128GB SSD.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really prefer not to have to return this laptop and purchase it again (online exclusive from bestbuy, don't want to have to walk to the post office to carry the laptop home again.)

Solution
If it is brand new and giving you trouble, you should take it back and have them give you one that is working correctly. If it is past the date that you can return it, then contact the manufacturer. No new device should give you any trouble.