Asus t100 battery draining insanely fast

heyman816

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Hello! I have an Asus t100ta 2 in 1 tablet PC. Recently in the past four or five days the battery has went from good to an absolute joke. It goes down about 10 or 15 percent an hour when on standby, and the battery dies even while the tablet is plugged in and 'charging.' I have no clue what could be causing this. My only suspicions would be that there's something in Windows 8.1 that's keeping the system heavily working while doing nothing (the tablet doesn't get hot while on standby), or that because I'm in Europe now and not in the USA, the charging might he changed, but it worked for five weeks on a European plug, and then these problems started on the sixth. I have no clue what could be doing this, please help me because this tablet is all I have to do everything for the next year. I am a little advanced with PCs so please don't tell me generic things like 'is it plugged in?' these have all been covered. Thank you very much!

Solution
Basically, I have experience dealing with this kind of issue frequently. I would recommend sending the device in for repair if you are still under warranty. If you are travelling you will need to call ASUS on the local line (e.g. ASUS US)

I must warn you that in dealing with this on numerous occasions I can also confirm that it is not unusual for the service centre to say "no fault found"

cheers
Maybe what happened was the change in the plug type may have caused your battery to malfunction. I know that if you use a different type of plugs for the same device it may not like it as the new one has different voltages. You could try and change the battery.

You could also try and uninstall any intensive tasks and make sure that there are no unnecessary starup programs.

heyman816

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
i looked into resource monitor and i did a scan with avast, and nothing was intensive in the slightest, and my problem is still here. after my avast scan it for some reason was better for one full charge then the problem came back. I turned my computer off for two days while it was charging(this would mean the computer is using nearly no power, yes, if its completely off) and It went from 6% to 23%

heyman816

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
from around 13 January 2014. not very old. Im still in warranty but it would cost me more money than the cost of the tablet to ship it to the USA to have it replaced and back

Diesche

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
we have x3 of these tablet/laptops for business and have the same problems. The battery will drain from full to nothing in standby, the battey won't charge until completely run down, the battery will drain when plugged in and using (for the same reason)
Asus will not admit there is a fault dispite multiple forum mentions but when I reported them to the retailer (John Lewis) they said they have had several complaints and would try to fix by sending back to Asus if not replace, but it is a well known fault.

I have not had time to back mine up and send them back but after trying months of trying to fix i think this is the only option, so save yourself hours of pain and send back for a fix...I'll update you on my machines later.

Johngordonwalker

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
Basically, I have experience dealing with this kind of issue frequently. I would recommend sending the device in for repair if you are still under warranty. If you are travelling you will need to call ASUS on the local line (e.g. ASUS US)

I must warn you that in dealing with this on numerous occasions I can also confirm that it is not unusual for the service centre to say "no fault found"

cheers

Solution

apphoto

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015

Hello my friend. I also had this problem with my device (375), once it was off for one day and the problem was resolved. Try once.

Dakotaguy

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
I have had this happen to me at least 3 times in the past year. My tablet is 14 months old now. Here is what I did that seemed to help. on the windows power icon in the task bar - right click and then choose "adjust screen brightness" and turn down the brightness on the screen as far as you can go without not be able to see the screen at all. I can usually take mine down to about 30% Also, if you have anything plugged into the external USB port. Unblugg it unless you have a USB hub that is self powered by having power of its own for the devices. otherwise the power ifor all your devices is comming from that one USB port and thus through the tablet. And 3rd go into task manage and kiill the app called ATKOSD2.exe. This is the app that does the on screen notification like when your batter is 100% full. over and over and over again. I think it has something to do with this app. Because when I kill it - problem solved or so it seems.

Hope this help.. Perhaps we should look into class action suit against ASUS since they clearly don't want to take responsibility. I've had my computer shut down right in the middle of a conference call . Very embarrassing.

Alittlehazy

Estimable
May 25, 2015

Alittlehazy

Estimable
May 25, 2015
I too have ASUS T100, it's 14 months old and it will not charge, I bought new cables today so hoping for the best because I cannot access my work or anything on it.
This seems to be a common FAULT with this product, maybe your right and we need to take a complaint to ASUS