syamille

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I'm using Asus Transformer Book Flip model TP500LN-CJ088H. Some of the keypads such as a, d, j, k, l, ; ,' , 6 stop working several months ago. Since under warranty, I've sent it to asus service centre to get repair. Upon picked up, the keypads working as well after been formatted and I've been told by asus's staff it was just a software issue and no keyboard/hardware replacement done.

Now the keypads problem happened again as before. I've tried in so many ways to fix it such as removing the battery for seconds (as recommended in so many forums), turn on/off filter keys, trying it in safe mode, turn on/off num locks, updated the latest drivers from asus website, OS reset/formatted and others but nothing works so far.

Please help me to fix this out.

Solution
Something is fishy then. If they did anything software wise, other than the driver, and it fixed it, then it should not have done this now. Unless it is the updated driver. Which can happen. Have you tried rolling back the driver to an earlier version?
You could try the keyboard driver and see if that is it.

1. Delete the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (yes, before installing again).
3. The driver should automatically install when the computer and Windows restart.

If this doesn't fix it, and the computer is still under warranty, you need to contact Asus again. I know, not what you want to do. However, when you talk to them have them give you actual 'details' on the items they are blaming for this?

syamille

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I've tried such the solution as you said before but nothing works too. On the picked up process last week, they didn't told me the details of the problem caused. They just told me it was just a software issue so far, that's it.

On last June, I've sent it for the first time to get repair regarding the faulty of battery and the motherboard. After got both replacement then everything went well until on last August the keypads problem took place. I'm so frustrated regarding to so many problem by this model since the warranty will be ended in the mid of this November.

I've called and email asus technical support and they will get back to me asap but i don't know when. Anyone could have any solution please let me know.

syamille

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Using external keyboard will work fine like i'm typing now. I'm not really sure either it's software or hardware failure issue. One thing I'm really sure, the built-in keyboard works fine last week when the operating system (Win 8.1) has been formatted/reset by the asus technician. But when I had formatted/reset it again few days ago and installing the latest driver, the built-in keyboard didn't work as before.

Something is fishy then. If they did anything software wise, other than the driver, and it fixed it, then it should not have done this now. Unless it is the updated driver. Which can happen. Have you tried rolling back the driver to an earlier version?

Solution