Asus unable to boot (no asus logo)

Aikyrox

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Hi guys,

I am unable to boot my asus k42f. It is a old computer and it's running Windows 10 as I updated it months ago. I had tried all sorts of solutions but none of them worked and I have no choice but to ask you guys for solutions. It worked fine days ago and this morning it won't boot anymore. I have tried taking out the RAM and inserting it on the second slot, and it doesn't work. I also tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 1 2 and still doesn't work with the power feed plugged into the laptop without the battery. Spamming DEL also doesn't get me into bios.

I also tried taking out the hard drive and it doesn't work too. Plugging my computer into a TV monitor also doesn't work.

Hope you guys could help me with it ??

Hi,

It seems like a motherboard problem already based from the troubleshooting steps you've already done. :( That's what exactly I would suggest as troubleshooting steps with that kind of issue. Have you also tried testing the AC adapter of your laptop?
- Remove the battery and plug the laptop directly to it's AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work or not.

Aikyrox

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Hi Laptop_nerd,

I had tried removing the battery and plugging the laptop directly into the account adapter but still to no avail. I do not have a spare a adapter so I wasn't able to test that out. Is there any other way that can work like resetting the CMOS battery?