ASUS UX301 raid configuration

empl0de

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
Hi,
I have replaced the SSD's in my Asus UX301. Now I am trying to set them in Raid 0.

I have set the SATA mode to RAID and trying to open the raid configuration utility, however, both CTRL + i and CTRL + F do not work.

Anyway how I can go about getting the discs in RAID 0?

Solution
I'm having the same problem. Only once I could open the raid configuration utility by setting the following options in the bios setup:
SATA mode --> raid.
Secure boot --> disable.
Fast boot --> disable.
Enable CSM -- enable.
Save and exit.
Then I pressed CTRL+i while the ultrabook was booting and I accessed to the raid configuration.
After that I break the factory raid 0 configuration, delete partitions of both ssd and made a clean installation of Windows 10 and I couldn't access it again.
Try it. And if you find another solution please let me know. Thanks

federicorh69

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
I'm having the same problem. Only once I could open the raid configuration utility by setting the following options in the bios setup:
SATA mode --> raid.
Secure boot --> disable.
Fast boot --> disable.
Enable CSM -- enable.
Save and exit.
Then I pressed CTRL+i while the ultrabook was booting and I accessed to the raid configuration.
After that I break the factory raid 0 configuration, delete partitions of both ssd and made a clean installation of Windows 10 and I couldn't access it again.
Try it. And if you find another solution please let me know. Thanks

Solution

empl0de

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
Hi, thanks you for your response. I managed to solve it a short while ago, but forgot to give an update.
It was similiar. I had to break the raid first, in order to be able to configure it again. So I simply removed my drives and booted. Re-inserted the drives and I was able to enter the RAID configuration.

So similiar to your solution.

federicorh69

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015

Ok. Those are good news. I will try in a few weeks removing the drives like you did and then I will let you know if the raid bios configuration utility works again to me. Did you have to setup something else in the bios configuration to gain access to the raid configuration software?

Peter_64

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015

Hello, I have similar problem: one of the two SSD is broken. I have replaced it, but I am unable to get the RAID0 working. CTRL-I not working. As far as I understand, the right procedure is:

• ■ remove both internal disks
    ■ reboot the asus and apply the bios settings mentioned above
    ■ plug both internal disks
    ■ reboot the asus pressing CTRL-I

Correct?

Thanks!

Yoyo01

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
Above is correct exept that in my case when I replaced both disks at the same time raid config dit not work correctly, I wasn't able to enter raid config.
So I replaced the SSD's one by one and in between restored raid config. Screen comes up automatically
So:
- Plug one disk, restore raid (one old + one new SSD)
- Plug other disk, restore raid (Both new SSD's)

When you use an image to restore ops make sure you have the very latest drivers of Intel RST installed on your original setup, even when the system does say that it is up to date. It took me a day and a half to find out. :-( My iastora.sys file appeared to be outdated.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Good Day.

I have the same Asus Zenbook UX301LAA i7 with 2x128gb ssd in raid, i just can not access the aptio disk setup/irst utility with ctrl+i, tried different settings, Do anyone of you maybe has a system restore disk and can you send me your current bios? i would really appreciate,

i am getting alot of errors during installation, bsod at 92% of setup with disk configuration/ driver/ setup missing.

Thanks

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Good Day.

I have the same Asus Zenbook UX301LAA i7 with 2x128gb ssd in raid, i just can not access the aptio disk setup/irst utility with ctrl+i, tried different settings, Do anyone of you maybe has a system restore disk and can you send me your current bios? i would really appreciate,

i am getting alot of errors during installation, bsod at 92% of setup with disk configuration/ driver/ setup missing.

Thanks

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Good Day.

Thanks

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Good Day.

Thanks

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Good Day.

Thanks

Mar 27, 2018
For those who still have the problem, I post my solution.
Broke the RAID and then couldn't get the Rapid storage screen back on boot.
1) At first, turned on every option in bios mentioned above. Still nothing appears.
2) Then I installed Windows on one of the disks
3) Downloaded and installed Intel RST from official site.
4) Launched it and check both disks to be joined in RAID, got an error (apparently, cause one of disks was in use)
5) After reboot the desired RST screen appears automatically cause of error.
Break raid again and create raid.

TRENDING THREADS