ASUS UX303L keeps turning on when plugged

StapleButter

Commendable
May 28, 2016
My laptop is an ASUS UX303L model. It works normally when running on its battery, but not when the charger is plugged.

As soon as the charger is plugged, the laptop turns on if it was off. And similarly, if I try to turn it off while the charger is plugged, it turns off then turns right back on.

I have looked in the BIOS for options like "Power on AC", to no avail.

Is the issue a defective motherboard or something else?

Hi,

That is a weird problem, please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Do try it again after doing all these steps and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next to try is to remove the battery off the laptop again and connect it directly to it's AC adapter and observe if it will still turn on by itself when you shut it down.
- If all these will not work do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- If the same problem will persist using a different charger that means the problem can be inside the motherboard.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- And lastly, if the laptop is still under the factory warranty, do contact ASUS for a repair.

StapleButter

Commendable
May 28, 2016

Thanks for the answer. So I tried all that...

* hard reboot: didn't work, it went right back to doing the same thing as before.
* remove the battery and plug AC adapter: it turns on as soon as it's plugged in, as before.
* different AC adapter: I don't have access to a compatible one, so I couldn't try that.
* I also tried reseating the RAM, and even tried removing the battery and CMOS battery for a while. To no avail.

I guess I'll contact ASUS.