Solved! ASUS UX31A fan running at max speed after replacing motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanio0089

Commendable
Sep 22, 2019
Hello,

I am having a problem with my ASUS UX31A fan. I just replaced the motherboard withg a REV 4.1 instead of a REV 2.0 because I saw online that the only differences are the amount of RAM offered and the i7-3537U.

So, I installed the motherboard, and everything is working fine except that the fan is running at max speed. I tried using NoteBook FanControl and SpeedFan, but none of them worked. The CPU is not overheating or anything because temps are just fine. I also updated the BIOS to the latest version (219).

The seller told me it was because the REV 4.1 supports touch, and that's why it makes the fan run at full speed. He said to me to send back the motherboard, or to replace the screen cable with one that supports touch. But, why ? Models that are non-touch were sold with REV 4.1, brand new, so why would I need touch on my device to make it work ? I don't really want to send back the motherboard, I would prefer to buy a new fan, but the seller says that it won't fix the issue and that the issue is that my device is not touch and that I need to replace the screen cable with one that supports touch. That won't work since my display is not touch compatible.

I think the problem is with the fan that doesn't like the REV 4.1, so I would guess that I need a new fan.
If the fan is the problem, would this fan work : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32279855989.html

Thanks a lot !

Solution
Since you want to try your own thing, sure buy a fan and try it. Your link does not work but any fan with the same part # as yours or listed as for your model laptop should work. The cable you were told to use may work just fine without a touch screen, or replace they motherboard with the same revision one.
Since you want to try your own thing, sure buy a fan and try it. Your link does not work but any fan with the same part # as yours or listed as for your model laptop should work. The cable you were told to use may work just fine without a touch screen, or replace they motherboard with the same revision one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.