ASUS X453M Keyboard issue not properly working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG1001

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Keyboard are not properly working. M,Enter,6.

I tried to reset to factory default still not working properly and the VBS script. And I can't seem to find the numlock key in this model.

Please I need help badly.

Thanks,

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help you identify the issue but it seems like a hardware problem to me.

- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.

MG1001

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Onscreen is working, settings are good. I'm using external keyboard now.

Actually this is my second laptop with this issue. First one they replaced it with a new laptop then this new one still has the same issue. Still under warranty.

Thanks,

gotiobg

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Hello. If there are people who are still experiencing the issue, here's my fix.

I had a similar issue: the buttons "4, 5, r, t, f, g, v and b" refused to be used on an ASUS F550J laptop.

CAUTION: In order to not break your computer, ask a friend who has skills in the hardware area or ask for technical support.
EXPLANATION to the fix: The main problem is that the cable, which transfers data from keys to the processor, is touching a hot steel/iron/etc. This causes data loss and the keys permanently stay unusable or at least barely usable.

STEPS to fix:
1. Make sure you know what you're doing.
2. Turn off the laptop.
3. Turn the laptop upside-down.
4. Unscrew every bolt you find.
5. There might be a couple screws under the battery. If so, carefully remove it and unscrew them as well.
6. This steps requires patience: Split the keyboard part from the rest of the laptop but know that there are going to be cables connected underneath. Slowly separate the two parts. Check how on YouTube. It's easy but make sure you have everything unscrewed. Don't unclip any cables, you won't need it. (If you're having trouble later on, you could unclip some but make sure you're very careful, because each has a clip, you need to click.)
7. This is the main step: Make sure you fold the most wide cable, so it doesn't touch any metal. Be careful with the folding, it's delicate. (You might want to straighten the folded area, which was touching the metal. This way, it refreshes.)
8. After you've folded the wide cable without it touching any metal, put the keyboard part back onto the other one. Make sure the wide cable is how you've put it (not touching metal) and is staying that way after the close.
9. Flip the laptop again, whilst making sure you have the cable as you want it.
10. Screw all bolts.
11. You're done. Now check if you've found your fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.