Asus X550LA Wifi Keeps Dropping With Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needtech1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
My Asus X550LA laptop's wifi keeps dropping ever since I upgraded to windows 10. For a while the problem went away but with the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, the problem came back. The wifi drops and only comes back when I restart the computer. The wifi drops about 7-10 times a day. This is the only computer in my household with this problem. I contacted Asus customer support and tried all their solutions like re-configuring the wireless driver and resetting the bios but none of those solutions helped. I was told that the only thing I can do now is send in it to them for a repair costing $550, which is pointless because I could just buy a new laptop instead. I really need a solution for this problem and would really appreciate any help.

Solution
It may not be your computer then, but your ISP. I have had that problem before.

You should be able to log into the modem/routers settings and see in the status section any time it has had issues. If this is the case, you would need them to resolve it.
Try this....

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Needtech1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

I tried this and the wifi works but it still drops after a while and when i download a large file the wifi drops.

It may not be your computer then, but your ISP. I have had that problem before.

You should be able to log into the modem/routers settings and see in the status section any time it has had issues. If this is the case, you would need them to resolve it.

Solution

Needtech1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Okay, i'll give them a call and see if they can resolve the problem.

salilcgi

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Only 100% working solution. Restore the system to factory default settings. You will loose all the installed programs but can retain your personal settings. Check the procedure to restore your OS. Its simple. There is no other way you can solve this problem I have tried all of them.
1deDHXV1LxHs792cPuzDqiepGL1oy9GtBkzxVpl33bC9Sq0NhKNOi-1YxxhLFhkWrHpzC6QvKM5h7LnBYDdQR3qBxoEL_9kK5NkfaQG4D0fgBGvK5Pnn31-fTlmKVwO16-sYyEJOW0eV8_UWXDs82EzS0-kjGx9a9onWwl8ddCVgR7FUSbC6xVW1hgdU=s0-d-e1-ft

I found out the actual reason its your antivirus. In my case it was Avast. So simply uninstaling your AV also should solve your problem.

amey9k

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Try this...I fixed my ASUS F553M with this...

First fix:
Disable it in power management: type “Edit power plan” and click the result.

Change advanced settings. Open up the “Wireless Adapter Settings” then “Power Saving Mode” and make sure it doesn’t disconnect your wifi to save power by setting (at least AC). Switch it up to Maximum Performance which should stop it from disconnecting at random.

Second fix:
Go into your network settings. Control panel again ‘Search’ again. This time type “Control panel” and click the result. From here we want “Network and Internet” and then “Network and Sharing Center” and from there “Change adapter settings” (It’s on the left hand menubar)

Right click your wifi adapter -> click Properties -> click Configure -> click Power Management

Uncheck the box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

plz let me know how it goes so I know that it is a generic problem with WIndows 10.

rgd1101

Don't

don't plagiarize. cite the source
https://cohanrobinson.com/fix-windows-8-laptop-dropping-wifi-connection-constantly/

[strike]http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2037734/laptop-losing-wireless-network-devices-connected.html#17058197[/strike]

Status
Not open for further replies.