Asus X550Z Usb ports are not charging wired units

PG_GG

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
My computer have 3 ports, one USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0.
They all connect and work with signals, but i need to use an external power source for my mouse, as the ports are not providing any electricity for the connected units no more.

It is very annoying to have to change batteries on wired units, and to be unable to charge my phone etc. with the computer.

What is the problem and how can i fix it?

Solution
You would have to find a reliable local PC Fixer who has the test equipment and who can dismantle enough of the machine to get at everything. It is probably better and undoubtedly cheaper to buy an independently powered USB hub.

It's a pain if you use the laptop away from a mains electricity supply but it gives you back some functionality some of the time.

PG_GG

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017

Charging unit and everything is original, havent changed anything.
It charges the computer battery very fast, and seems good at supplying power, but none of it reaches the ports apparently.

How do i find out if there is a problem in the motherboard?

You would have to find a reliable local PC Fixer who has the test equipment and who can dismantle enough of the machine to get at everything. It is probably better and undoubtedly cheaper to buy an independently powered USB hub.

It's a pain if you use the laptop away from a mains electricity supply but it gives you back some functionality some of the time.

Solution

PG_GG

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017

Ok thanks, will ask some local repair guys, or get a usb hub.

TRENDING THREADS