Asus Zenbook black screen problem

Haidder

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
I just got my Asus ZenBook UX305FA through ebay today. I plugged in my charger and tried to turn the computer on. The Led light for the power button turned on, but there is nothing displayed on the screen. Also, I tried to take off my charger and turn it on, but the power button won't work. I can't do the thing where I take out my battery, because on the zenbook it is really hard to do so. I don't have a small enough screw driver to open it. Any tips on what to do for either one of these problems?

Solution
If you just bought it, even used, it should work. I would be contacting the seller to find out what is wrong with it and possibly getting your money back.

Haidder

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

Thanks for the reply, I was actually just about to do this when I tried to turn it on one more time and it finally turned on! But I realized that the battery is at 0%. I'm not sure what's wrong with the battery. I was charging it all last night

If you can, try another charger cord. If the cord is damaged, it can still make the laptop run, but then not charge the battery. If another cord allows for this to work, then the one you have is going to need replacing. Another way to test if it is the cord is to try and charge the battery while the laptop is turned off. Not hibernate or sleep but off. If the battery charges then, the cord is probably the issue.