AT&T: 3 Windows Phone 7 Devices coming Nov. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teen Geek

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Yes yes snapdragon cpu WHAT IS THE CLOCK SPEED[/citation]
at least 1Ghz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_7_Series#Minimum_requirements
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]No Microsoft! No!!! Don't do it! Don't make the same mistake Apple made! Press onto other carriers! PLEASE!!!![/citation]
They'll be coming on verizon next year(according to the wikipedia article, Verizon is one of their partners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_7_Series#Launch)

G

they forgot to promote the 1,5hrs battery life of this device!

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]No Microsoft! No!!! Don't do it! Don't make the same mistake Apple made! Press onto other carriers! PLEASE!!!![/citation]

From the other article:

Microsoft today announced that we'll see 10 Windows Phone 7 devices launch in time for the holidays. Included are phones from Dell, HTC, LG and Samsung, which will be available on América Móvil, AT&T, Deutsche Telekom AG, Movistar, O2, Orange, SFR, SingTel, Telstra, TELUS, T-Mobile USA and Vodafone. Phones for Verizon and Sprint will launch in the first half of 2011.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
(To paraphrase) No! Microsoft! No!! Now I will have more phones that I have to make believe work much worse on a network that actually has approximately equivalent coverage, reliability, and performance. You have no idea how much energy it takes to maintain these fantasized problems. For some unknown, paranoid reason I need to maintain AT&T as a villain! PLEASE!!!!

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]they forgot to promote the 1,5hrs battery life of this device![/citation]I thought the press release stated 45minutes battery life with recharge stations at selected branches of MacDonalds, Starbucks and Wallmart.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]As long as they dont overprice like Apple....[/citation]
Of the 3 phones mentioned 2 come with 16gb and 1 comes with 8gb. The 16gb iPhone4 is the same price as all 3. So, please explain how the iPhone4 is "overpriced"?

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]For some unknown, paranoid reason I need to maintain AT&T as a villain! PLEASE!!!![/citation]

I dare you to be an AT&T customer for 1 month.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I dare you to be an AT&T customer for 1 month.[/citation]
I've been an AT&T customer from the Cellular One days (somewhere around 1989 or 1990). I experience similar service to any major carrier. Everyone knows that Verizon has a slightly larger coverage area, but I'm not a rural user, so it is very, very rarely relevant. Once (mind you I'm talking about a >20 year period), a few years ago, I had problems in NYC with overloaded data service (soon after the iPhone release), and AT&T promptly refunded me 50% of my data plan for the month. In general, AT&T is quite responsive to any complaint or request I have (I get adjustments to my bill whenever I ask).

Beleive me, I'm no huge AT&T fan or something (I'm amazed by the craze with which people favor or unfavor something so minor in the big picture of their life as a cell phone carrier), but I know, when comparing to my wife's Verizon plan (which she pays, on average, 20%-25% more for) I get the same service.

Overall, I find this breakdown of AT&T flamers: 50% never had the service (and maybe have such empty lives that they need a villain to bash?), 49% have only ever (or have had no choice but to have) AT&T service and have nothing to compare it to, 1% had a bad, but common, experience, and have yet to have that experience with their (recently) new carrier.

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]I find this breakdown of AT&T flamers: 50% never had the service (and maybe have such empty lives that they need a villain to bash?), 49% have only ever (or have had no choice but to have) AT&T service and have nothing to compare it to, 1% had a bad, but common, experience, and have yet to have that experience with their (recently) new carrier.[/citation]

I have AT&T and they suck. Drop calls are a common thing (It happens nearly every conversation I have on the iPhone 4, and I have a case as well). I had Sprint a few years ago and nearly never had dropped calls with them. I'd go back, but work provides the phone, so I live with AT&T for now.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]jblack[/nom]I have AT&T and they suck. Drop calls are a common thing (It happens nearly every conversation I have on the iPhone 4, and I have a case as well). I had Sprint a few years ago and nearly never had dropped calls with them. I'd go back, but work provides the phone, so I live with AT&T for now.[/citation]
Here is exactly what I am talking about. Your particular phone and service area may be underserved. If everyone with AT&T service was dropping calls all the time, there would be a general exodus from the carrier, particurlarly by businesses. In fact, the general support by businesses demonstrates that this is not the case. Have you called AT&T and reported the dropout areas? I have, for one place on my commute and it got better in a month or so (antenna tuning I'm guessing). So the answer to your assertion is, No, AT&T does not suck, as shown by the general population. I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.